Thursday, March 27, 2008

BROCK SURVIVED

WELL YESTERDAY WAS THE BIG DAY UP IN SEATTLE. I FINALLY HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET MY FRAME TOOKEN OFF OF MY FOOT. IT WAS NERVE RACKING BUT IN THE END IT ACTUALLY WASN'T THAT BAD. THE MOST PAIN CAME WHEN THE DOC. HAD TO SHEAR OFF ONE SIDE OF THE ROD THAT WENT THROUGH MY HEEL BONE. WELL THE BLADE ON THE SHEARS MUST HAVE BEEN USED A HUNDRED TIMES WITHOUT EVER BEING SHARPENED CAUSE IT WOULD NOT CUT THROUGH THE ROD. IT ENDED UP SNAPPING AND BOY OH BOY, THAT WAS LIKE HAVING A MASIVE SLEDGE HAMMER CRUSH MY HEEL IT KILLED. ALL IN ALL IT WAS A LOT BETTER THEN EXPECTED AND JUST ONE MORE STEP TO WALKING. NEXT VISIT HE WILL HAVE ME STAND ON IT. :)

5 comments:

The Mothership said...

I'm glad you survived. Way to take it like a man! ;) Next time you're in Seattle maybe we should meet up. If you two are up to it. I know you are really busy - let us know!

Ben said...

Brave man Brock, I hope the recovery goes faster now. (Ben)

Anonymous said...

it sounds like I could've used my bread knife to cut it out!! My going rate is probably way cheaper than the Doc. Hey I could've even numbed it for you:) I am glad it all went well. Now we need to fatten you up so that cute little leg doesn't snap when you go to stand. You are a trooper, hang in there.

Kari said...

Glad you made it, I am sure you can't wait to be standing on it!

Jenks Family said...

hi brock, i hope emily has told you about being parents for a night; to three great girls that just love you guys. i can't wait to take garrett for his birthday. thanks again, you need to have some kids so i can watch them :) jilayne