Sunday, April 12, 2009

BIG NEWS!!!!

We have some really big news....NO we're not pregnant...we're going to be moving. It isn't for a long time (january 2010) but I'm really excited. There has been a lot going on with us lately and I haven't posted for a long time...so here's what's new:
La Grand Oregon is where we will be moving to, I know, totally random. I never ever thought I would live in La Grand, but we found out about 1 month ago Brock's Agriculture degree (crop science/soils) isn't offered at WSU TC like we thought it would going to be. So his counselor found him the degree in La Grand at EOU and that's where we're going. It really didn't help me out, actually it REALLY messed things up for me, schooling wise. I was all set up to go to WSU TC in the teaching program. I had applied and was set up to start in august. Trying to get into the teaching program at EOU was crazy, I needed another whole year before I could get into the teaching program. We quickly decided that wasn't going to work. I feel like I've been in school forever, and want to finish ASAP! So I've thrown around a lot of different things, and I think we figured out that I will finish my BA through WSU online. Seems like the only thing going for me right now. I am stoked about the move though. I am really liking the fact that it's a ways from home, so we can have our space and stuff, yet it's still close enough that we can visit. I'm really excited to meet new people, experience the college life outside of CBC, enjoy new environments...it will be great. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT HERE, I have always said I didn't want to be stuck in the basin area the rest of my life and I felt like that was happening. It will be good for us to be away for a while and grow stronger.
I've heard there isn't a lot to do in La Grand, so that's kind of a bummer. When we found out WSU didn't have brock's program, we were really hoping we would be going back to BYU-Idaho. My best friend, Karie and John, are down there and I would have LOVED to go back there for 2 years...but I know this is the path the Lord wants us to take.

8 comments:

Enriquez Family said...

Ahh I would have loved you guys to come here, but it will all work out! But thats way exciting to be moving on with your lives and taking a new step! Good luck!

Michael and Brittany Anderson said...

This is too bad, you guys are leaving when we are finally coming up there! at least its only for a little while :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys too! We will miss you guys but really I think you will love being on your own for a while. Hope everything with schooling works out and you can get done ASAP.

Melanie Cain said...

You didn't say anything the other night you little stinker! My family almost moved there when I was in 4th grade. My parents bought a house and we went over there a lot. They finally sold it a few years ago. It was right at the base of the mountain which I think is actually called Mnt. Emily. Well, hopefully you will live in a house and not a trailer!!!

The Strongs said...

I wish you were coming down here too! But I'm sure La Grand OR, will be fun-it's what you make it, right? HAHA! I will be home in exactly one month! YAY Can't wait!

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

Hey guys! We found your blog through Camille's. So excited for yall and that you get to move and have a fun married-couple adventure! Hope we get to see you guys soon! :-)

Rachel Berry said...

Emily,
I know you don't know me but I grew up in the Columbia Basin ward. My parents are Max & Louise Merrill. I am also related to all the Davidson's in the CB ward as well. :)

My name is Rachel and I live in
La Grande Oregon, (your mom knows me or at least I think she remembers me) yes there isn't much to do around here but for some reason we are never bored. :) It's not so bad here and Tri Cities is only 2 hrs away if your needing a shopping binge. :)
Anyway I hope to run into you while your here. We live in the 4th ward area (it's the best) ;) I hope your move goes smoothly. If you have any questions you can call us anytime we do know a few people that have lots of rentals. Our number is 541-963-4519.

:)Rachel Berry (Merrill)

BE Gibbons said...

Awesome! Now if I ever get stuck in the pass in my comings and goings to Rexburg, I'll have a place to stay haha!