Monday, February 27, 2012

Moving! {yes again!}

I really hope the word "moving" doesn't keep appearing in my posts for the rest of this year! We will finally be done with going back and forth between school and summer jobs, so we are hoping to be in one place for a long time (10months to 1 year ish). Will that actually happen, probably not. Here's our situation:

So we are so done with apartments! But at the same time renting a decent size, decent looking (trust me I'm really not picky, not asking for much more than no mold) is so expensive. Anywhere from $1200-$1600 a month. Hm....ya not in our budget. We want to save up some money to buy in about 1 year, and these prices wouldn't allow for much saving! So we are trying out a program that is very scary and could be very stressful, we shall see. While homes are on the market for sale, they put "caretakers" in them to keep them nice, clean, organized, furnished. To make them look homey and enticing. Since you never know when the house will sale, and you have realators stopping by with lookers, it means cheap rent. We signed a contract last week to live in a 2010built home, 1800sqft, and exactly what I want. The layout is seriously what I am so excited about! 3bedrooms, 2bath, a playroom next to the living room, kitchen, dinning area....seriously what am I doing to do with all this space?! ENJOY it while it lasts! I am so excited about it....but so nervous too. You never know when the house will sale, and when it does you have about 30-45days to move out. Ugh, another move?! We are playing with fire here, I just know it. But the price is so good, we couldn't even find an apartment for the price, $800/month. So we hope it all works out. Could be a complete disaster, could be a great way to save up money.....we shall see. We move March 16th....I was really sad about leaving La Grande, but now that I have this house to move to....march 16th can't come soon enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO excited for you guys! Hopefully you will get to feel settled for a little while. I bet the owner's don't like the fact that I am saying that, since they probably want it sold :)