Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WOW!

THIS POST IS MAINLY FOR MY RECORDS. SO I CAN REMEMBER FOR FUTURE BABIES! (which I should be putting in my journal, but I am out of pages and getting to the store for a new one doesn't look like it'll be happening any time soon:)

Brynlie is almost a month old and I REALLY can't believe it. I honestly feel like it was last week I was in the hospital praying I could do a vbac and that everything would go good. I think the main reason it feels like last week is because every day I just survive. I keep thinking 'tomorrow I'm going to sew more burp rags, or bake pumpkin bread, or make cookies for brock's lunches.' Tomorrow comes and its the same thing over again, surviving. Just the last couple of days I started not caring if the toys are all over and the dishes aren't done...which is a big deal for me because I hate mess! I'm very slowly learning how to do two children. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my baby and kid. If I could just sit and hold her all day, or play with him all day life would be amazing....it's the "chores" that make the days hard!

Brynlie is now on day 10 of not pooping. Around day 7 she started getting uncomfortable and it's been downhill since then. She grunts, moans and wiggles around like crazy. I feel so bad for her. She tries to sleep through it, but ends up waking up about every 10minutes grunting and moaning. I took her to the doctor this morning and we did a suppository, didn't work. She does have jaundice and so we are waiting for results on the levels. We have tried a lot of natural stuff to get her to poop, moving her legs a ton, giving water, rubbing her tummy, and giving hot baths. I have changed my diet completely because she is also very gasy. Nothing is helping. Hoping today she will go!

Brynlie is definitely giving me all new experiences. Seems like she refuses to be like her brother in any way. He LOVED his binki, I have to force her to take it and most the time she spits it out after about 5 mins. He went 3-4hours between feedings from week 2. She LOVES eating and rarely goes longer than 2 hours. His cry was very soft and quiet, hers is loud. She doesn't cry a lot, just mainly when she gets woke up from some gas or something. I remember only having like 2times where I was thinking " I don't know what's wrong with you" with wyatt....I think that about 5times a day with Brynlie. Wyatt wasn't gasy, she is. She has jaundice, he didn't. She is constipated, he never had problems. She loves to be patted on the bum, bounced up and down and walked around. I almost always have to stand up when holding her. Wyatt hated being bounced up and down. Phew...there's so much more. She just wants to be her own self!

Brynlie stats: 9/21 8lb 2oz 21in      9/22  7lb 10oz      10/2  8lb 4oz    10/17   10lb 9oz 22inches

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Try sitting her in a Bumbo chair. There is something about the way that chair holds a baby that it made my girls poop all the time. Whenever my baby would be on her 5th or 6th day of not pooping I would sit her in it and it worked every time.