Well, we did it! Our wonderful house is up for sale. I really can't think about it too much, I am excited about our move and raising our children in the country (we're moving to my parents rental house, my childhood home, called the white house), and yet I cry almost daily about leaving this home. I am downsizing, for sure. But it's not the size of the house that has made this my home. It's all the wonderful memories. The "homey" feel has been so strong in this place since the first time we viewed it back in April 2012. Not to mention how much WORK we have put into it. We started changing things February 2013, and finally finished about a month ago. We wanted the professional white trim look, so we removed every piece, sanded, primed, primed, sprayed, and then sprayed again EACH PIECE. We also finished the garage. I wish SO badly we had taken a before picture. It's probably the biggest change we've made to the house! There were ugly looking cabinets all around the top, couldn't hardly reach them, and they were for tiny mechanic parts. The walls hadn't been finished, it was just sheet rock. We also updated the light fixtures around the house, went from gold to black. Yep, this home has many, many hours into it. They will probably be taking me kicking and screaming come moving day!
I saved the for sale pictures from when the previous people owned it and just looked back on them. I want to note the difference.
Above: Then (yes, their grass looks better, it was late spring)
Below: Now
Living Room Now
Above: Back yard now
Below: Kitchen now
Master Bed and Vanity Now
My baby girls room!
Wyatt's room!
Below: Loft now
LOVE this playroom!
Kids Bath
BROCKS garage!
Below: Master bed- Then
Living Room- Then
Wyatt's Room- Then
Front/Formal Sitting Room- Then
Loft- Then
RV parking (luscious green grass! We still have it, it's just winter still in my pictures)
1 comment:
We were sad to leave our house too. So many fun memories. Whenever we go by the kids always want to go back inside because it's our house.
Post a Comment