After Karyn and Jason moved out, we started right away with painting. We were SO tired of painting. We had just finished doing the trim in our Kennewick house like 3 months earlier (which took a full 8 months to complete), so we were painted out! We only had 1.5 weeks until we needed to move in though, so we had to push on! Poor brock had to do most himself. I was so nauseous from being pregnant, and the paint smell didn't help.
June 13th I sat down with the kids and we popped popcorn and watched a movie....one last time before we moved the next day. I think I cried through the whole thing. It was a hard adjustment on me!
Saturday, June 14th- Moving Day! We were so blessed with people coming to help us! We have moved SO many times, and our families keep showing up to help us. This was by far the biggest move to date, so it required a lot of trucks and trailers. As everyone was loading us up, I had 2 very unpleasant bathroom breaks. We hadn't told many people other than family about me being pregnant, so throwing up while people are loading your stuff isn't very fun or easy to hide. I wish I would've taken pictures of the inside of our house (the current one, dad's house), there were boxes EVERYWHERE. Everyone kept saying, I don't know how you're going to fit this all. And I didn't know how either! But one box at a time, it actually all got put away. Sure EVERY cupboard, closet and floor space is jam packed, but it does all seem to fit (ok, things area lot more crammed the longer we are here. It seems to be cluttered a lot, which is a hard thing for me!).
The night we moved Jason/Karyn invited us over for dinner. Wyatt and Brock were both equally thrilled they could ride the dirt bike down there. True country boys!
When we got home from dinner we came home to Joni and Camille unpacking boxes for me! I was so sick and exhausted after every moved all our stuff in, I got the kitchen somewhat put away with my mom and Jilayne, but I had to lay down after that. We had so much help. Family is amazing!
Our first night in the new house was Brynlie's first night in a big girl bed. I was so nervous for her! We found a piece of plywood board and put it up so she wouldn't fall off. I kept getting up and checking on her, and we had the monitor, but she did great! She slept ALL night! I wanted to see her wake up and see her reaction sunday morning. It was so cute. She instantly grabbed her baby and just kept looking around the room.
The kids and brock QUICKLY adjusted! The space for them to play outside all summer long was amazing!!! Brock did however miss his garage. That was HIS space, and he had is very well organized! He started building the shed June 21st and finished somewhere around July 14th. He worked on it a lot. Like every night after work and all day saturdays. I was so sick inside at nights, a lot of times the kids had to fend for themselves, or daddy had to watch and build with them. Brock did an amazing job! He did a lot of research first, but he didn't follow any plans. Just went to work. His skills seem to be endless!! Obviously he needed help a few times. Chad, Jason, Derek helped a time or two, but dad helped a lot! He would stop by for 1-2 hours here and there when he saw brock out working.
Mornings were my best time of day and one morning I was very eager to get ride of the rocks in the front and plant some flowers! It was hard work! The kids and I got one side cleared and then never finished the other side. It'll be good exercise for me after the baby is born. I'm very eager to get some flowers and color in the front yard!


























No comments:
Post a Comment