Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chandler comes to visit

We were so excited to have Jason, Karyn, Chandler and Kynzie come down to visit us. They got here about 6m thursday night and stayed til early afternoon friday. It was a perfect little get together, especially since our place isn't huge. They had to blow up a mattress and sleep in the living room, but hey, at least there is a big enough space, unlike our last apartment! Wyatt was SO excited to have Chandler here. Every time we'd say "thankful for Chandler" in our family prayers, Y would point to the door and really want Chandler to just show up. So when he actually did Y was happy! They had fun eating together, playing with Wyatt's toys, jumping around on the blow up mattress, and watching Rio. The next day we tried going to the park, it was so cold and windy, so the park didn't last long. We were all freezing! Brock had class at noon, so we came back to the apartment and Jason watched the boys, Brock went to class, and Karyn and I went to the Dollar Store and Restore. It was quick, but super fun! We then went to a Pizza buffet that had fun arcade games for the kids. It was hard getting them to eat, but they enjoyed all the games. Wyatt was running around from game to game like he was in heaven. He was so excited he couldn't stay at one game for more than a few seconds. The kids were super tired by the time Chandler had to go. Chandler is talking a ton, he will say pretty much anything you tell him to...so we're hoping Wyatt will pick it up from seeing chandler talk. Wyatt is such a chill kid though. When Chandler was here, Y was especially quiet and just let Chandler do the talking. Y is the type of child that will let other kids steal his toy and doesn't care. He is pretty relaxed about everything, so I'm thinking he is on his own schedule and will do whatever he wants (like talking) whenever he wants  (hopefully soon?!).

Playing motorcross XBox. Wyatt loves to watch Brock play.


The little boys went down together and I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't look at me. Then the big boys came down and I had to hurry and move the litte ones out of the way!


I don't know if you have noticed a trend with our pictures....Wyatt never looks at the camera. He hardly ever sits still long enough for me to get a clear picture, and looking or smiling at the camera is almost impossible to get. As you can see in this last picture, brock is holding wyatt in place so he couldn't move. LOL

2 comments:

Kortneigh Kelly said...

So fun!! I can't wait till our family gets to that age! Those kids are soo stinkin cute.

Anonymous said...

I think you're right, I think talking has a lot to do with a child's personality. Remember Chandler has Jason as a Father and Jason is a talker so Chandler probably feels like he has to keep up :) j/k Brayden doesn't stop for pictures either, which is why I am dreading the attempt at his two year pictures.