Saturday, October 22, 2011

...oh the things we do...

 We have been having so much down here in La Grande. Wyatt is currently in the "help momma" stage. He drags a chair over to the counter and climbs right now. He is OH SO HELPFUL too. haha. He actually did great pulling off the grapes, only a few stems left on :)
 I am SO glad I brought these outdoor toys with us. I hadnt planned on bringing them, but when my mom decided to help us move and we had room. I last minute threw them in and Wyatt plays with them ALL the time. We have a sweet little sidewalk area that he pushes this truck and another toy around. He is doing great about staying close so I can be in the kitchen and still see him. He listens to me when he goes too far and I tell him to turn around, he really is doing great about obeying (I'd say about 1 in every 5 times he doesn't obey, which is pretty good!)
 These peaches were such a fun story for me and Y. A lady in the ward needed them picked and gone, so of course we were there to help! We bundled up and walked the 7blocks down to her house. Right as we got there it started raining...like hard. So I picked as many as I could, keeping Y in the stroller and we literally ran home as fast as we could. We both were wet and cold when we got home, but it was pretty fun. We cleaned them and made a YUMMY peach cobbler, then froze the rest for smoothies! Wyatt found a funner activity with the peaches, he liked to roll them down the cutting board. lol. Oh, and my child doesn't smile for pictures, EVER. He hardly looks and never wants to stop what he's doing for a picture....so stubborn :)
 Oh how we love warm days! The weather was great this past week (when I say great I just mean no rain). We played outside a bunch. There is a little playground in our apartment complex grass area and wyatt loves it. This morning we got the chalk out and had some fun. Y doesn't like to color, so I thought maybe a big huge sidewalk would be so fun to draw on. Nope, not really. He would make a few marks here and there, but just wanted to push his tractor around. Our friends moved in RIGHT next door to us, so Wyatt and Cade have started becoming great friends. We really love having them there, although Wyatt goes and knocks on their door EVERY time he goes outside. He always wants Cade to come out. Cade is almost 3, so he is a lot older than Y, but of course Y doesn't care!

No comments: