Saturday, June 9, 2012

Getting ready

I have started getting things ready for the little girl coming and it's been so fun! I always envisioned having such a fun room, adorable clothes, shoes, blankets, and headbands....but quickly finding out it is so expensive! Back in October 2011 I found this sweet board at Restore for 50cents! I collected so many pieces of wood and stored them while we were in school. Every time I'd bring one home brock would say, we have a bunch already. Now, I am finally using them! This project was way harder than it looks because I used my cricut to cut a stencil and then painted the letters on. Of course they don't turn out perfect, so it was hard getting things to look right. But I love it! And can't wait to get her whole room pieced together!


Wyatt woke while I was touching the letters up and since he has been painting at school lately, he got so excited to grab a paint brush and help himself. I just about died!
A couple hours later when the letters were dry and I was fixing a few things, he pointed to the "o" on loved and said "oh."  Seriously?! He said it like 5 more times and I couldn't believe he knew it was an "o." He didn't know any of the other letters, but loved saying "r" after I taught him what it was. When brock got home later, I tested Wyatt to see if he really knew or not, he did. I have no idea when he learned this or how he knows,  but I'm excited about it! Maybe we will start the alphabet in the next couple of months!

Brock was playing with him recently and was quizzing him on animals. I have no idea how he knew these, but he correctly pointed to kangaroo, giraffe, elephant, hippo, panda bear, aligator, and monkey. He is getting so smart and surprising me every day!

No comments: