Saturday, March 2, 2013

Funnies

About a week ago Wyatt woke up in the middle of the night crying and saying his legs hurt. I knew it had to be growing pains because he had been eating the house down all week. He woke probably 5-6x that night. Then for the next few nights it became habit to just wake up and come into our room. He would always sleep in the next morning, one morning I WOKE HIM at 11am. It had been a really rough night for him, so he was tired. I finally decided if he wanted to wake up so much at night, then I wasn't going to let him sleep in. I woke him up at 7:30am (he normally wakes around 8:30am). It was so funny what he kept telling me:

"mommy I not wake up. I not strong yet. I need to rest a minute longer." He told me this over and over as I pulled him from bed. Then walking down the stairs he sat down and said "I can't walk, I not strong. I really need to go rest."  

It cracked me up! I had no idea where he even knew "rest" until yesterday I heard brock tell him "daddy's going to lay down and rest for a minute." 

Another cute thing I don't want to forget:
instead of "hiccups" he calls them "pickups" 
"uh oh, I have the pickups." 

Every time he coughs he says:
"I throwin up. Hurry! I throwin up."
This one is my fault because he was sick about a month ago and threw up once. Every time he coughed I'd run and get a bowl and ask if he was throwing up. So now he says he's throwin up every time....hope it doesn't really happen because I never believe him anymore!

No comments: