Saturday, June 8, 2013

Work

I know every husband's job is the worst and every husband works too much....but seriously, farming....what were we thinking?!?!

But there are different types of farming. I LOVE that we have a job steady income!!! But Brock's kind of farming is leave around 5:30-6am and come home 6:45-7pm every. single. day. Nope, we don't get to go ride on the tractor with him. Nope, he doesn't get to come home for even just a 20min lunch. Nope, I don't get to send my son with him for just an hour to give mommy a break. Yes, I do eat breakfast, lunch and dinner by myself (I feed the kids, then I eat) (some days we wait for him for dinner). Yes, I have gone to church alone 2 out of the last 4 sundays. Yes, he has to work saturdays (not all but very frequently). Yes, we go to bed around 9pm because he has to wake up early for work. Yes, we have no social life because he is hardly home, so when he is home we are doing stuff around the house or just relaxing together. Yes, I do get extremely bored and overwhelmed with doing everything without a hubby. Yes, I let him get away with not helping around the house because I want him to play with the kids.

Yes, I am done venting now.

BUT, yes! He does love his job. Since he is gone so much, at least he's doing something he likes :)

1 comment:

Enriquez Family said...

Yes! Construction very.similar!! I envy intel.workers over here going to work at 8, when.mine is gone at 5:30 every morning!! Im used to it now.but i know the exact same feeling!!