Last August (2010) we took a Sunday to go down and visit Grandma and Grandpa McGary. I am SO glad I took my camera! I had a few pictures of Wyatt with Grandma at the McGary Christmas party, but of course he was moving all over the place, so they were blurry. We had so much fun this day with them. Wyatt loved Grandma! Normally babies are a little spooked by white hair and glasses, but he wasn't! When we came home from La Grande to visit a few times, he would always love sitting with them during gospel doctrine. One time we came home and found candy in Wyatt's pants. I couldn't beleive it! I guess that's why they call him "The candy Grandpa!"
(back to these pictures) Wyatt was still learning to crawl, so grandpa was down on all fours trying to teach him. Grandma had made some raspberry icecream, which was really good. It was so funny because Grandpa told on Grandma that it wasn't their normal recipe; it was a "way easier" one with a pkg of jello in it. Grandma of course does her little, "DON! They didn't need to know that. They like it and that's all that matters." Grandma was eating her pretzel crackers (they were her new favorite thing), and grandpa was eating some kind of choc. covered cracker. He kept giving it to Wyatt and we kept kindly taking it away from him. Finally, Grandma did her thing, "DON! They don't want him to have it!" I can clearly hear her saying those words, with her tone of voice that just makes you laugh! They also got out the history book of the basin area and we read about their early days in their new home. Normally, there is a lot of family at Grandma's, but this day it was just us. It was always fun to go see them. Brock and I always left their house laughing about the various things each of them had said, it was always a comedy hour watching those two!
I am so lucky to have had such a wonderful Grandmother. I miss her so much already, thinking of her often. But I know she is so much better off now and I will be able to see her again.




No comments:
Post a Comment