Friday, March 11, 2011

Traumatic Mornings

It was so darn cute this morning, I have to write about it. Every morning is a very traumatic experience for Wyatt. It all starts after breakfast when Daddy gets his shoes and coat on. Wyatt then becomes a little leech and is constantly at Brock's feet. (which is a good time for me to clean up and start dishes!) After family prayer, Wyatt heads straight for the door. Some days he'll stand with his back to the door, like blocking it from brock leaving. Other days he'll pound on it, like saying I'm going out too. This morning he was pounding on it wanting to go out. Lately, we'll watch daddy leave thru the window and all is well as we wave bye bye. Not this morning! Wyatt was crying the whole time in such a sad cry. As brock is waving bye bye outside and gets in the car Wyatt says, as clear as clear, da-daddy! In such a sad little voice and just melts. I had to take him away from the window and distract him with some toys he normally doesn't get. It was so dang sad!!! Wyatt was acting as if he was never going to see his daddy again! I am so thankful for my marriage, brock's career choice and that I don't have to explain to Wyatt that daddy will be back someday....I think if that were the case my little guy wouldn't be able to function!

WE LOVE YOU DADDY! 

2 comments:

Jan McGary said...

What a cute little guy. And don't you just love it that he is a dad's boy. It makes life easier!

Jenks Family said...

we do everything for them but they would still rather be with dad