Thursday, June 7, 2012

Changes!

Is "change" really "change" when you "change" all the time?! We have had SO many changes in the past 2.5yrs, seems like we should be used to it all! A few things are changING now, or here soon!

1. This baby is for sure a girl! We have had a few ultrasounds because of some health concerns, and each peek at the gender comes back confirmed, girl. The most recent ultrasound reported she is a big girl with a big head. Yay ;) Dr said she is in the 85th percentile right now and if she stays that way, he is a little concerned about allowing me to try a Vback. I get nervous just remembering labor and delivery with Wyatt, so I try not to think much about it, but he does want us to start realizing the pros and cons. Baby girl is so active down low. I hardly feel her up high. Around 6-7pm every night something happens and she is kicking/moving so much it makes me nausious. For the most part, throwing up has been done for about 3 weeks now, but every now and then I get sick enough to run to the bathroom. I am 23weeks and thought I'd be feeling great by now. Not so much the case at night still. But compared to weeks 6-18, I am doing much better!!! I have finally started getting things gathered for this little one. I think the gigantic belly I haul around with me each day is reminding brock of another one coming and we have been talking about her more and more :)

2. Potty Training! I didn't know if Wyatt was ready for it or not, but I really wanted to have him completely done and potty trained by the time baby comes. So we started yesterday and he has done so much better than I thought! He quickly realized he didn't like peeing himself and that it was a "no no" or an "uh oh." I realized around 9am that he was ready when he came running to me and stopped right in front of me and then went. From then on I hovered him like a hawk and any time he looked down we ran to the bathroom, along with the every 15mins when the timer went off. He did great! By noon he had gone about 5x in the potty and had even looked at me two times and said "Run!" By the end of the day we were both done for. The every 15mins timer became both our dread. I got sick of it and so did he. But we pushed on and by the time daddy got home, he was done for the day. He flat out had 2 accidents without even trying to go at all in the potty. This morning I was dreading it, but knew he was ready and stuck to it. He did awesome! Even went #2 in potty this morning. He seems to have learned that he can hold it until the timer goes off, because we haven't had many accidents today. I am so proud of him. He still isn't telling me when he has to go, I just keep my eyes on him at all times!
He is also talking a ton now. I have realized he is a SHY boy. Whenever we go anywhere and I make him say stuff he always says at home, he either whispers it to me or won't say anything at all. Kinda cute :) Friends and family are starting to realize that he actually does talk, but on his own terms and when he really wants to. He will pretty much say anything I tell him to, or he tries and comes very close. We have had some good laughs lately with his mixing up a few sounds in a word!

3. Possible move...again! Since the day we moved into this house we have been looking around for houses to rent or buy. I didn't realize how much I'd hate living in a house on the market for sale. I love the space and it's amazing compared to the apartments we've been in, but I still can't "settle in." Nothing on the walls, at all! I find it very creepy to think random ppl are walking through the house looking at my stuff, sitting on our couches, or touching our things. I refuse to put pictures or anything with our name on it. It's most annoying cleaning every day and then leaving frequently for showings. Anyway, we fell in love with a house a few blocks away and we don't know why but it just feels right...to BOTH brock and I. It's not super glamerous, but tons bigger and nicer than I ever pictured my first house! After a few go arounds, they accepted our offer and things are currently in the banks hands. We have signed on getting a loan and boy oh boy is that scary. We have never gone into debt, for anything! We should hear the final "ok" from the bank by early next week....and then move the same weekend as Sarah's wedding. So excited!!!

2 comments:

David and Kira said...

So exciting Emily!! Hope it all goes through good and smoothly. And lucky you to not have more than 1 baby in diapers!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy potty training is going so well. That is my #1 scariest and dreaded transition. So proud of Wyatt and he isn't even my boy:).