Friday, June 5, 2015

Christmas Day

We had some extra decorations and Brock had the great idea of putting them in the kids' room. To say they loved it is an understatement. They wanted these lights on every night! It was just so magical going into their rooms after they were asleep to turn them off, and seeing them asleep. Made the Christmas season even that much better.
Christmas Eve we went to Gibbons for the annual dinner (they do a big fancy christmas eve dinner and then just have a huge buffet table all day long on Christmas). We had the kids kind of act out the Nativity. There was more crying than anything, but that's expected with so many young ones!
Christmas morning! Brock and I woke up about 6 thinking there was no way the kids would be up for a while. I did NOT want to rush my Christmas morning to run to see extended family. Well the kids must have been too excited, they woke up at 6:30, which is very abnormal. They are usually up around 7:30-8:00. Mom and Dad hardly had time to get anything ready for the kids to wake up! Daddy went in and kept the kids in their room while mommy got ready. We had our little talk about our manger and we remembered all the acts of service we did for others, and for one another. Then we wrapped the baby and layed him in the manger. This was a very spiritual experience for me. I was so excited for the kids to go see their gifts, but it was amazing to take a moment and remember Christ. 
Wyatt hadn't really narrowed it down on something he wanted, beside a 4-wheeler. So Santa had to be creative. He loved the 360 bike and the bounce on ball. From mom and dad Wyatt loved his bow and arrow. He quickly learned how to shoot it really good, and quickly got pushed out the door to shoot it. Wyatt also got some legos and was so excited to put them together. We found out the directions are a little hard for him. 
Brynlie just wanted candy but was excited to see toys too. She loved the drawing easel and sticker book the most. From mom and dad Brynlie loved the baby with a bottle. She carried that around all day. 
It was McGary year for Christmas day, but we ran up to Gibbons for exchange of gifts and then went to lunch at McGarys. It was definitely not Christmas weather. It was bright and sunny all day. 
Brock and I didn't do Christmas for each other. It was actually very depressing. Not a single thing. We felt like with the baby coming it was enough excitement. Luckily we got a nice blanket from his mom, some money and food storage. And my parents did a trip to Great Wolfe Lodge for our family. 
All in all it was an amazing day of feeling blessed. I can't imagine holidays without my little family and my extended family. I was huge on Christmas. And very uncomfortable. So I did a lot of just sitting around and observing. It was amazing the amount of emotions I had as I just watched others. 





























No comments: