I think this was the hardest part of the day. We know we will be with grandma again someday. I loved how my cousin, Tami Ottley, put it "We aren't saying good-bye, we are saying see you later." My poor grandpa; watching him just tore my heart in two.
The hallway of family going into the chapel. We were toward the back because dad is 2nd youngest in the family. As you can see, brock stands out in this little family! :)
The grandsons all sang "Ye Elders of Israel" which was a special request by grandma. The last verse they sang "Oh grandma, oh grandma we bid thee farewell. You're going to heaven to wait for us there."
Jande is the one to blame/give credit to for this last picture. I love how precious it is. A prayer of a little girl is truly heard by our Father in Heaven.
1 comment:
Wow Emily, I am sorry for your loss (a little late)! This brought me to tears. It is never easy to lose a loved one- but it is amazing to see the wonderful family you have and how much you all loved your Grandma! and yes... I have always thought "see you later" was a million more times appropriate!
Post a Comment