Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Living The Life-The Country Life :)

While we were home for Spring Break we had a service day at Grandpa McGary's house. The men did the roofing and the women/kids did the yard. Since I wasn't much help with Wyatt wondering ALL over the place, I was only there a few hours. But a lot got done and everything looked great. Brock hasn't been doing a lot of physical work (pushing a pencil is what he says he's been doing), so with this roofing and digging a trench on Gibbons Farm the day before, he was B.E.A.T! But he loves it. Working and having a day filled with stuff to do makes him feel accomplished.
Wyatt L.O.V.E.S being outside. So regardless of the smokey smell and the wind, he was in heaven. I would literally pull like 3 weeds and turn around and he was gone. He loves to explore and could care less if I'm frantically searching for him.
This picture was the first week in March. We made a quick trip home and boy were we glad we did. The weather was AMAZING! Seriously, light jacket weather. It was the first time the sun had been out (well for us at least) and Wyatt loved every minute of it. We played with the Jenks girls flying kites, riding bikes, pulling weeds and riding motorcycles!  Wyatt only took one nap all day; the excitement of the sun was just too much to let him miss out on the activities. We did go on a bike ride while he was asleep. Which was fun! Brock and I haven't gone like that for a while. Felt like the dating days again, except I'm a little less daring on a bike than I used to be....funny how a ring and a kid changes ya:)
(PS La Grande was getting snow the whole time we were home. So we were extremely happy we slipped home this weekend!)

1 comment:

Trev and Whit said...

Looks like you guys had fun while you were here! I love the weather here in WA. It sure beats the snow Idaho is still having. We should get together next time you come home for a visit.