Wednesday, July 6, 2011

the B.E.S.T 4th of July


What a GREAT day we had on Monday, July 4th! We started it bright and early at the Columbia Basin Ward breakfast at 8am. Wyatt doesn't last long sitting and eating, so I was constantly chasing him around, which lead to us leaving for the Basin City parade early. It was a very hot day and by 9am the sun was shining bright and Wyatt was having so much fun being around so much family. He loved running and playing with his cousins at the parade. The picture above is of the kids I could get to stop playing for a minute. He loved watching the parade with the many tractors, cars, trucks, and motorcycles. We then went back to my mom's and hung outside for a while while the kids played in the water toys and on the tramp. Brock and I were jumping and playing and having fun and I told him it couldn't have been a better day, I was so happy being with him at that moment. I love moments when you can take a step back and really appreciate the situation! We BBQd at mom's and it was amazing food! I made a sweet looking Red White and Blue triffle and it was so yummy! We then headed to Gibbons' round 3 and played some vball and BBQd (yes, we are going to get fat one of these days from so much food!). It was just so much fun hanging out and having fun all day long! We took off to the river for fireworks and wyatt loved every minute of it. He ran around for a w hile, but then sat very quietly (never happens!) on my lap and watched/waited for the fireworks. It was a long day, but extremely fun. He LOVES playing with his cousins so it was a day in heaven for him!


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hey Emily! This is Tami at Courtney's house... you need to add me.
Ottleys@yahoo.com
Thanks! :)
Tami