Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Changes

Sorry, no pictures to put up yet. But I just wanted to document a few things.

Wow! Some big changes have occured in the past week and I am still in awe. Friday, March 16th both sets of parents, plus Scott Gibbons and Jeremy Gray, showed up to load all our stuff up. It went so fast. We had a few friends come help too, which went even faster. I was so nervous about this day. No matter how prepared you are to move, the morning of is always stressful with last minute things to finish. Brock left at 6am to take his finals and Wyatt slept til 8, so I had a lot of time to reflect and stress. And sure enough, I could feel the stress a lot and ended up in the bathroom for an hour (ugh!). I hadn't thrown up in the morning for a while, but I'm sure the stress of it all was showing its self. We were out of La Grande by 12:15pm. I really felt numb the whole time. I wasn't feel amazing, I was trying to eat and clean while everyone was moving my stuff, I was nervous about driving alone with wyatt to tri-cities, and I was worried about all those that came to help us move. I didn't think a lot about us never coming back, missing our friends, the memories in that little apartment, how wyatt had grown so much in la grande (he was there most of his first 2yrs). It took me about a day or two to really think about how much we will miss that place! We felt so welcome and at home in the La Grande 2nd ward, such GREAT people!

BUT....we moved in to an amazing home and I am so stinking blessed! (pray for us it doesn't sale!) I wake up every morning, even still, and I feel like we are vacationing somewhere. The space is wonderful. We have a playroom! Like the toys don't have to be stored in the living room, under wyatt's bed, or in his closet! We have a pantry in the kitchen, my food isn't in my living room closet anymore! We have a deep kitchen sink with a spicket that comes out and sprays, oh the simple joys. We have a spare bedroom for all my crafts, and soon to be a babies room! We have a bathroom and walk in closet attached to our bedroom, and a storage space! We have a garage to put our tubs and boxes in. A fenced in back yard (no grass, but wyatt loves dirt). Oh man, I seriously am just loving the space and little things about this house. I don't have to have things so cluttered anymore! I am not bragging in ANY way. Like I said, I am in awe. I feel so blessed to be here and thank Heavenly Father (and my great husband) for everything every day.

Brock went off to his first day of work today. Poor guy woke at midnight with a fever of 101. He tossed turned, took pills, ate, drank, and tossed some more all night. I don't think he slept at all. But he still got up and went to work this morning. He is excited to be providing for our family. I love that man so much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time I come to tri-cities I want to come see your house, so expect me sometime next week:)

Christianne said...

I can so relate to this post!! Doesn't it feel great to have SPACE in your home? Best thing ever. Congrats on everything, Emily! Lots of fun and exciting changes.

An Epic Event said...

How fun!!! We want to come and see your new home!

The Ottley's said...

We'd also love to come bring treats or something! Where you at? By Creekstone right?