Thursday, August 25, 2011

Staying Busy

I got this little coffee table at a thrift store and have been redoing it. It has taken me SO much more work than I planned. There was fermika on the top and it was pealing off in some places, so I figured I'd just strip it all off. WOW was that a harder project than I thought! I was doing this project as cheap as possible, so the only tool I had was the back side of a hammer....very small and not great at pealing up that fermika. I chipped away at it every day for a couple hours for 4 days....then my lovely hubby comes out one night and in 5 minutes finishes the whole thing with his knife. lol. I have painted it white and am in the touching up phase, soon to be distressed and then put up for sale. I love it, but we don't have room and I was just trying my hand at redoing furniture.
Burlap Wreath I made with Courtney Gibbons.
I got this frame at the thrift store as well and painted it gray to match my bedding (looking black in top picture,but just the letters are). I like it, just not loving it yet, so I might change it up a bit.....and might not too since we move in a month!
First off, ignore the mess. It was Sunday morning and we were scrambling to get out the door! I made this skirt with my mom, THANKS MOM! It is SO simple, but my very first skirt and I love it! I know it's so plain, but I am just really proud of myself. I bet if I wore a sign saying "I made this for $5" then ppl would think it's cuter...but I can't do that. I just think it over and over in my head and I love it, so that's all that matters! It's kind of hard to see, it's gray with white little polka dots. Jessica Perkins also helped me by sending me a pattern and helping me figure out how to do it, THANKS!

2 comments:

*~McGarys~* said...

I love that coffee table. So jealous!

The Strongs said...

CUTE SKIRT! I want ot live by you so I can have a crafting buddy!