Saturday, August 27, 2011

Success!

I hope I don't jinx myself by writing this! Wyatt started climbing out of his crib last week. It was seriously all the sudden! I spent the night at my moms,which we hadn't done for a while. So he screamed like crazy when I layed him down, which never happens. I went up there 5mins later and he was straddling the side of the crib! Scared me so bad. He slept with me that night until I could put him in his crib undetected. I thought it was fluke thing, but nope. He kept climbing out when we got home too. Withing 2 days he was climbing out without even making any noise when he woke. So we put his mattress on the floor Monday (5days ago) and it went like normal. He wanted out, slept by the door for his naps, and cried for the first 5-10mins after we'd shut the door. That night I tried 3times to put him on his bed and shut the door, but I'm so used to him never crying that I couldn't handle much more than 5mins. So he fell asleep on my bed and then I transfered him. He slept all night til Brock got home from work at 4:30am and saw he was half off his bed. He moved him fully on and that woke him up. He wouldn't go back to sleep so I was up with him. Not fun. He took a nap later on the bed and it's been uphill since. He really has done great. Last night I read him 2 books while he layed on his bed and then I walked out without him even making a peep or trying to move. Then he slept til 8am!! WOOT WOOT! He has been getting up around 5-6am every morning this past week, so 8 was amazing! I'm so proud of him! Our house is SO loud with wooden floors and old doors, so when I shut that door, there's no opening it to sneak in and check on him. Which kind of scares me a bit, but we've made sure there isn't anything he can harm himself with. He only has books in his room, so if he doesn't want to go to sleep, he can look at a book. YAY, now we don't have to move a crib back to La Grande, just a tiny little mattress!

No comments: